Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jonah's Fish and Grits in Thomasville, GA

My former classmate owns this restaurant along with his wife.  My family has eaten here a few times but 4/12/12 was my first time visiting the restaurant.  My parents took me here for my birthday dinner.

I ordered the catfish with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.  The catfish was good as was the batter but combined they made the fish taste dirty.  It was still very good.  I think changing the corn meal would have helped the breading mesh better with the catfish and not taste dirty.

My mother got porchchops with the special Granny Smith apple, carmalized onions, and bacon topping.  She loved it and it looked amazing.  I cannot review it though as I did not taste it.

My father got the Shrimp Pesto.  This was the best out of the three.  It is described as "sautéed shrimp and asparagus in olive oil tossed in a light pesto cream sauce and fettuccine, garnished with
toasted ciabatta bread." It was $13.9 and well worth it.

I got my normal birthday dessert of Key Lime Pie.  It has a homemade crust as was amazing.  I wish I had one right now.


Check them out here at their website

No comments:

Post a Comment